Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pork Chops with Tomatoes

This is one of my favorite recipes. The first time I prepared this dish was over 15 years ago. At that time the dish was for my husband and I because we were not parents. Today, two children later, I am still preparing this dish once or twice a month for my family. My family loves this dish because it is delicious. The tomatoes add great favor. Like my family, I love this dish because of the great taste but most importantly because it is nutritious, cost-saving and quick to prepare. This is a dish I can prepare any evening! Yes, any evening! I can prepare this dish and have a great dinnertime with my family even though my children have activities almost every evening. I can prepare this dish and have a great dinnertime with my family even though we attend church midweek activities on Wednesdays. So no matter what your schedule, I encourage you to prepare this dish for your family and then share your dinnertime experience on this blog. Listed below are some tips on preparing dishes on the weekends, when not so busy, to ensure getting quick, healthy, and cost-saving meals on the table to serve to family in the midst of busy weekly schedules:

1) Prepare meals on the weekend -for example, you can prepare soups, casseroles, chili, dry beans, baked chicken, roast. lasagna, and meatloaf.

2) Be sure to store the dishes you prepare on the weekend properly to prevent spoilage.

3) Use your prepared dishes within a couple of days, or divide the large
portions into smaller amounts and freeze for later use.

Remember, planning is the key to increasing family dinnertime!

Blessed planning,


Alfornette

No comments: