Monday, March 23, 2009

Three Way Garlic Pasta with Beans and Peppers



Welcome to the Dinner Tonight! Blog. Be sure to save this website in your favorites list or subscribe to the link for weekly updates. Each week a Texas AgriLife Extension Agent demonstrates an affordable, quick, and nutritious meal for you to make for your family. Visit our recipe section, nutrition tips, and view our videos. Come back often!


The Three Way Garlic Pasta with Beans and Peppers recipe I demonstrate tonight is one of my favorites. I enjoy making it because I can prepare much of it ahead of time, then when I come home I put dinner on the table quickly. Everything is pre-chopped and I put on the pasta as soon as I come in, adding the remainder of the ingredients per the recipe.



Preparation tips that I find helpful in the kitchen:

  • Clean as you go. Wipe up spills when they happen and put dirty dishes in the sink or dishwasher as you use them.
  • When cooking meats, make extra and freeze or refrigerate for later in the week.
  • A huge time saver – have single sized resealable plastic bags of chopped onions, peppers, celery, tomatoes, and carrots or other vegetables all ready to go in the freezer. Pre-chopping and freezing veggies makes for easy going in the kitchen.
  • Keep ‘cheat’ sheets inside cabinet doors for handy common quantity conversions. (see sample conversion chart) Another sheet I keep is one for seasonings - which works best for what types of foods and one for substitutions.


Pre-planning meals can be an enormous time saver in the kitchen on busy nights. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!


Dee Lee

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Who knew cooking could be so easy! I look forward to all the recipes to come. Keep up the fantastic work!

Anonymous said...

This recipe sounds delicious! I can't wait for you to make it for me! I'm excited to see the recipes from you in the future! Keep up the extraordinary work!(:

Louraiseal said...

You did an awesome job!