Friday, July 17, 2009

Try a Skillet Meal for Dinner Tonight!

Hi!

This skillet meal is a new recipe I was given a few months ago and I have made it quite often since then. It is quick and easy to make and wonderful when you need to take an item to a new mom or a sick friend.

I made this recipe at my mother’s home several weeks ago. She told me via phone call last night that she has since enjoyed the skillet dinner four more times! My mom is a very good cook. She cooks for herself and often freezes extra portions for another meal.

Here are some hints for those who can’t eat the whole skillet dinner or you just don’t want to eat the same thing two days in a row!

• First, remember to check your freezer and be sure it is set to the recommended temperature of 0 F or lower.

• Put the cooled food into an appropriate container that is designed for freezing.

• Don’t forget to label the container with the name of the item, packaging date, and any other information you might find helpful. Then, you can be sure and use the item in a timely manner.

• Proper cooling, air removal, moisture-vapor-resistant packaging, and a tight seal will help guard against freezer burn. While a food with freezer burn is safe to eat, the quality is lower.

I hope you enjoy “Bethany’s Skillet Chicken and Rice Casserole” as much as my family has!

Donna

No comments: