Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pretzel –Crusted Chicken

This recipe tastes terrific and looks like you’ve really outdone yourself with effort and expertise. I’ll let you in on a secret – that’s not true; it just looks like it is! The key to this recipe is in the preparation – remember to preheat the oven and I like to foil line a pan to save on dish washing. Cutting the chicken breasts to make a pocket for the filling is easy – just don’t cut all the way through or you will have two pieces of chicken and no pocket!

You could easily substitute other ingredients that are in your refrigerator for what is listed in this recipe. For example, when it calls for deli ham and you have turkey instead – use it! Cooking is a creative process – use what’s on hand and what your family likes. Another hint: listen to your family. My husband always wants pecans on everything and suggested pecans as a topping. I ended up compromising and using lesser amounts of both pecans and pretzels - - and we both were happy! I hope you will try this recipe and it will soon become one of your family’s favorites!

Let me know what you think!

Donna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am making this dish this weekend, sounds DELICIOUS and I agree with your husband I love pecans myself!

Great demo and choice of dish!

Donna said...

Thanks for the comment! It's good to know readers are trying the dishes we demonstrate. Let us know how your family likes the dish.