Thursday, June 3, 2010

Healthy Taco Casserole

Hello Everyone! This is a simple recipe that will impress anyone. The casserole has zest, flavor, and tastes great. It is a visually impressive dish and can be made very quickly. I love it when you can pull items from your kitchen that are usually kept on hand and you are able to create a delicious meal. Another advantage is, the ingredients are inexpensive and can serve several people. I have made this recipe and split it into two smaller glass casserole dishes and stored one by freezing it for another busy day. That way I can pull it out of the freezer and defrost it in the refrigerator for that particular week. Or if you have a neighbor or friend that is in need you can split it or use the whole recipe to pass along to them. A friend and I would often do that and exchange dishes so it would break the cycle of giving our families the same meals every week. Although now that is not so much an issue because I FREQUENTLY go to the Dinner Tonight videos for healthy, fresh, and new ideas that are easy to prepare.

Lastly, you can use any meat of your choice; you can use turkey or chicken it is totally up to you! Like I always say make it fit your family's personality. I have also added celery to sneak in more vegetables, this recipe is open to most ingredients! I hope you give this recipe a try you will not be disappointed!

Take care my friends,
Cassandra

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved this recipe!

Anonymous said...

Loved this recipe!