Friday, June 18, 2010

Easy Chicken Pot Pie

I absolutely love chicken pot pie and making this one is so easy but still maintains that great homemade flavor. You can substitute any vegetables that you and your family like for the ones that I have used. Remember to use up any leftover vegetables from your fridge in this simple recipe.

Also, as a twist I have experimented with using leftover roast beef. I simply shred it, then make a brown gravy using beef broth, water, and a packaged mix or if I have enough broth from the roast I simply use it, some flour and a few seasonings. Add your favorite vegetables and top it off with the crust and again you have a great pot pie!

Use Phyllo dough for the crust because it is flakey and you will notice the difference. Whether I use Phyllo dough or pie crust, I always brush the top of the crust with egg white before baking to give it that glossy "professionally made" look.

Have fun with this simple recipe! Let me know your creative tricks to pot pies!
Dee Lee :)

No comments: